If you have lost or damaged your original registration certificate (RC) for your bike, you might be wondering how to get a duplicate one. In this article, we will explain how to get a duplicate RC for a bike in India, what are the documents required, what the fees involved, and how long it takes.
Documents required for duplicate RC for bike
To apply for a duplicate RC for the bike, you will need the following documents:
- Application form 26 (available online or at the regional transport office)
- FIR copy (if the RC is lost or stolen)
- Challan clearance report from traffic police (if applicable)
- PUC certificate (pollution under control)
- Insurance certificate
- Tax receipt
- Identity proof and address proof of the owner
- Affidavit stating the reason for applying for duplicate RC
- Original RC (if damaged)
Fees for duplicate RC for bike
The fees for duplicate RC for bikes vary depending on the state and the type of vehicle. However, the approximate fees are as follows:
- Application fee: Rs. 200
- Smart card fee: Rs. 200
- Postal charges: Rs. 50
The total fee is around Rs. 450, which can be paid online or offline.
How to apply for duplicate RC for bike
There are two ways to apply for duplicate RC for bike: online and offline.
- Visit the official website of your state’s transport department and select the option for duplicate RC.
Visit – https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan//en/content/duplicate-rc
- Fill in the application form 26 with the required details and upload the scanned copies of the documents.
- Pay the fees online using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- Submit the application and take a printout of the acknowledgment slip.
- You will receive an SMS with the application status and tracking number.
- You can track your application online using the tracking number.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive your duplicate RC by post at your registered address.
- Visit the nearest regional transport office (RTO) and collect the application form 26.
- Fill in the form with the required details and attach the photocopies of the documents.
- Pay the fees at the cash counter and get a receipt.
- Submit the application and the receipt at the RTO counter.
- You will receive an acknowledgment slip with the application number.
- You can check your application status at the RTO or by calling their helpline number.
- Once your application is approved, you can collect your duplicate RC from the RTO.
How long does it take to get a duplicate RC for a bike
The time taken to get duplicate RC for a bike depends on various factors such as the state, the RTO, and the verification process. However, generally, it takes about 15 to 30 days to get your duplicate RC by post or by hand.