A NOC is a legal document that states that the issuing authority, such as the RTO or the bank, has no objection to the details mentioned in the certificate. In this article, we will explain what an NOC for the bike is, how to apply for it online, its validity, the documents required, and its cost.
What is an NOC for bike?
A NOC for the bike is a certificate that is issued by the RTO or the bank to confirm that the bike owner has no legal obligations to them. An NOC for a bike can be of two types:
- RTO NOC: This is issued by the Regional Transport Office (RTO) where the bike is registered. It is required if you want to sell your bike or transfer it to another state and get a new registration number.
It also certifies that you have paid all the necessary fees and taxes to the RTO and have no pending challans or fines.
- Bank NOC: This is issued by the bank or the financial institution that has given you a loan for buying the bike. It is required if you want to cancel or remove the hypothecation of your bike with the bank.
- It also certifies that you have repaid the loan in full and have no outstanding dues.
How to apply for an NOC for a bike online?
The procedure to apply for a NOC for a bike online differs between RTO NOC and Bank NOC. Below are the steps to apply for an NOC for a bike online in both cases:
Bank NOC for the bike:
- Visit the bank’s website or branch and log in to your account.
- Download the bank NOC for the bike online or request it from the branch.
- You may have to pay a nominal fee to get the bank NOC.
RTO NOC for the bike:
- Visit the government’s Vahan Citizen Services website (https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/).
- Select your state and RTO from the drop-down menu.
- Click on ‘Log on to Avail Services’ and enter your mobile number and OTP.
- Click on ‘Application for No Objection Certificate’ under ‘Online Services’.
- Enter your bike’s registration number and chassis number and click on ‘Proceed’.
- Fill in the application form with your personal details, address, reason for NOC, destination RTO, etc.
- Upload the scanned copies of the required documents such as RC, insurance, PUC, etc.
- Pay the applicable fee online.
- Submit the application and take a printout of the acknowledgment slip.
- Visit your nearest RTO with the original documents and the acknowledgment slip within 15 days of applying online.
- Collect your RTO NOC for the bike after verification by the RTO officials.
What is the difference between RTO NOC and Bank NOC?
Here’s the difference between RTO NOC and Bank NOC-
|Aspect||RTO NOC||Bank NOC|
|Purpose||Allows selling or transferring bike to another state/RTO||Cancels or removes hypothecation with the bank|
|Validity Period||6 months (may vary by state)||3 years|
|Cost||Rs. 100 to Rs. 300 (varies by state)||Rs. 500 to Rs. 1000 (varies by bank)|
Validity of NOC for bike
The validity of NOC for bikes depends on the type of NOC and the destination state. Generally, an RTO NOC for the bike is valid for 6 months from the date of issue.
However, some states may have different validity periods ranging from 3 months to 1 year. A bank NOC for the bike is valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
Documents required to get NOC for bike
The documents required to get NOC for bike may vary depending on the type of NOC and the state. However, some of the common documents required are:
|Form 28 (Application)||Copy of the Registration Certificate of the bike|
|Certified copy of the Registration Certificate and Insurance Policy||Supporting documents as required by the bank|
|Proof of up-to-date paid road tax along with the receipt|
|Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUCC)|
|Pencil print of the engine and chassis number|
|Signature identification of the bike owner|
NOC cost for bike
The cost of getting a NOC for a bike depends on the type of NOC and the state. Generally, an RTO NOC for a bike costs around Rs. 100 to Rs. 300 depending on the state.
A bank NOC for a bike costs around Rs. 500 to Rs. 1000 depending on the bank.
How to apply for an NOC for a bike offline?
If you prefer to apply for an NOC for a bike offline, you can follow these steps:
Offline Bank NOC for the bike:
- Visit your nearest bank branch where you have taken the loan.
- Fill in an application form requesting a bank NOC for the bike.
- Submit the application form along with your loan account details and identity proof.
- Pay the fee if any and collect your bank NOC.
Offline RTO NOC for the bike:
- Visit your nearest RTO where your bike is registered.
- Fill in an application form in Form 28 requesting an RTO NOC for the bike.
- Submit the application form along with your RC, insurance, PUC, chassis, and engine pencil print, signature identification, etc.
- Pay the fee if any and collect your RTO NOC.
FAQs about NOC for bike
Here are some frequently asked questions about NOC for bikes:
Q: Is NOC required if I am traveling to a different state for a short period?
A: No, you do not need a NOC if you are traveling to a different state for a short period, such as less than 3 months. However, you need to carry your RC, insurance, PUC, and driving license with you.
Q: Is NOC required if I am traveling from one city to another in the same state?
A: No, you do not need a NOC if you are traveling from one city to another in the same state. However, you need to inform your RTO about your change of address and update your RC accordingly.
Q: What will happen if I do not get a Non-Utilisation Certificate (NUC)?
A: A Non-Utilisation Certificate (NUC) is a document that proves that you have not used your old registration number in the new state. You need to get an NUC from your old RTO within 90 days of getting your new registration number. If you do not get an NUC, you may face legal issues such as fines or penalties.
Q: Do I need to obtain NOC from my bike’s financier?
A: Yes, you need to obtain an NOC from your bike’s financier if you have taken a loan to buy your bike. You need to clear all your dues and get a bank NOC before applying for an RTO NOC.